Enjoy all of the benefits of your Union Bank debit card using Apple Pay. Apple Pay is a mobile payment and digital wallet service integrated into the Wallet app, which comes pre-installed on your eligible Apple device. Easy to use, you can make secure purchases in stores, in apps or on the web.*
Adding your Union Bank debit card to Apple Pay is easy:
- Go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay
- Tap add Credit or Debit Card
- Tap Continue
- Add Card – take a picture of your debit card or enter it manually with debit card number and expiration date
- Enter your name as it appears on the card and the 3-digit security code from the back of your card
- Agree to the terms and conditions
In some cases, the Wallet app may prompt you to contact Union Bank to verify your debit card. Once verified, you can start using Apple Pay.
Go to Set up Apple Pay – Apple Support for more detailed instructions and to watch demos of how it works.
Apple Pay is accepted in many places you make purchases now – grocery stores, restaurants, hotels and name brand retail stores. You can also use Apple Pay within apps and on the web.
When you are ready to make a purchase, select your Union Bank debit card in the Wallet app and hold your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch near the wireless payment terminal near the cash register and complete the purchase using Touch ID.
In-Apps and Online
when buying something through an online store or app that is partnered with Apple Pay on iPhone or iPad, Touch ID is used to complete the purchase. For the Mac, the Touch Bar and Touch ID sensor is used or use the paired secondary device (the Apple Pay compatible iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch) to complete transactions.
All devices need to be connected to the same iTunes account.
Using Apple Pay in stores, within apps, and on the web
List of Merchants accepting Apple Pay
Apple Pay uses several security features built-in to the hardware and software of your device to help your private transactions stay private.
Some of the built-in security features include:
- Apple Pay eligible devices include NFC (Near-Field Communication chips) which allows for mobile devices to communicate with each other by way of radio communications. NFC only works over very short distances, making it perfect for mobile payments. Using your Apple device with the NFC chip can initiate quick and convenient payments simply by holding your iPhone up to a merchant’s NFC card reader to make a payment. The payment will not be complete until you are prompted by the iOS system to confirm your payment using Touch ID. If your payment is not confirmed with Touch ID, it will not go through. If you are making a payment with an Apple Watch, you will need to unlock it with a passcode.
- When setting up Apple Pay, Wallet will use your iPhone’s camera to capture your debit card information. Apple’s servers will then take this information to Union Bank to verify the debit card belongs to you. Once your card is verified, your debit card information is stored as a unique device specific digital account number in place of your debit card number. This means your debit card information is never stored by Apple or shared with merchants.
- If your iPhone is lost or stolen, you can suspend your payments using the Find My iPhone option.
Apple Pay security and privacy overview
Apple Devices Compatible with Apple Pay (using iOS 8.1 or later)
iPhone X, 8, 8Plus, 7, 7Plus, 6/6s, 6Plus/6sPlus, SE, Apple Watch
iPhone X, 8, 8Plus, 7, 7Plus, 6/6s, 6Plus/6sPlus, SE, iPad (2017), iPad Pro (12.9, 10.5, and 9.7 inch models, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3
On the web:
If running a Mac with macOS Sierra or High Sierra, purchases can be completed using Safari. For new MacBook Pro models with Touch Bar and Touch ID, an Apple Pay compatible iPhone or iPAd (iOS 10 or later) or Apple Watch (watch OS 3 or later) is needed to verify transactions while using Safari.
If you have any questions about using your Union Bank debit card in Apple Pay, visit your local Union Bank branch or contact our Customer Care Team at 1.800.753.4343.
*Union Bank Health Savings Account (HSA) debit cards are not compatible with Apple Pay.